Cancellation and refund policy
Behind-the-wheel (driving lessons) cancellation policy
We require a 24 hour cancellation notice for driving lessons. Cancelations must be made during our office hours only, M-F 9:30am-5:30pm, by phone 617-232-9400 or email email@example.com. Please provide the following:
- Student's name
- Time of the lesson
- Location of the lesson
- Contact phone number(s)
- Sunday and Monday lessons must be canceled on Friday at the latest, during our office hours only, M-F 9:30am-5:30pm.
- If proper notice is not given, a $35 per hour fee will be charged (or loss of the lessons, if package was purchased).
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late for driving instruction will forfeit their lesson or be subject to the $35 per hour fee of the scheduled lesson.
- If a student does not appear for a scheduled lesson, or does not have their original permit (or necessary glasses or contacts required to drive), the $35 per hour charge or forfeit of the lesson applies.
- No student will be issued a certificate of completion who has an outstanding balance.
Saturday road test cancellation policy
To cancel a Saturday road test, you must give a 2-week notice (14 Days).
- If you don't give a 2-week notice, you will forfeit road test fee and will be charged $20 by the RMV (Road Test fee).
- The RMV does not allow double booking of road tests. If you have another test scheduled anywhere else you must cancel that road test prior to scheduling with Brookline Driving School to avoid being rejected by the RMV and to avoid the loss of your entire road test fee with Brookline Driving School.
- There is no refund for not properly canceling road tests or if you have been rejected by the RMV.
You are entitled to a full refund on any driving lessons or packages, with proper cancellation notice, before instruction is given. A written request for a refund is required 24 hours prior, to any scheduled service with the proof of payment (canceled checks front and back, or receipt), during office hours M-F 9:30am-5:30pm. Request for the refund must be submitted in-person, over mail (must be received at least 24 hours before scheduled services and during office hours M-F 9:30am -5:30pm) or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Brookline Driving School will issue a refund within 30 days of the request.
- There is no refund for not properly canceling road tests, or if you have been rejected by the RMV.
- You will not be eligible for a full or partial refund once instruction has been given on a driver's education course or driving package.
- All services must be completed within two years of enrollment. After two years, money is non-refundable and services are forfeited.
- There are no refunds after course or lessons have started.